Latest Motorcycle theft statistics and how GPS tracking can help you protect your Motorcycle
Motorcycle theft has now become an alarming epidemic in the United States and several other countries of the world. Motorcycling as a form of transport or hobby has grown drastically over time which is the reason why demand for Motorcycles and motorcycle spare parts has increased.
Although Motorcycle theft is still high, it went down by about 6% in 2018 according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau. The total number of Motorcycle theft in the US in 2014 was 42,856. This number increased to 45,555 in 2015 which was a 5% increase in Motorcycle theft. 2016 saw another 2% increase in Motorcycle crimes. In 2017, the number of cases recorded decreased to 44,268 which was a 2% decrease.
Regardless of the fact that there were decrease in the number of motorcycle theft, these current motorcycle theft statistics can make you think twice before leaving your bike unattended. Florida tops the list of top states with the highest recorded Motorcycle theft cases. Other hot spot states are Texas, South Carolina, North Carolina, New York, Missouri, Georgia, Indiana and Arizona. In 2018, California was at the top of the list with 7,035 reported cases of motorcycle theft.
What’s the most stolen Motorcycle?
According to NICB, there are some motorcycle brands that gets stolen the most. This is based on the reported cases over time. Here are some of them:
- American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
- Yamaha Motor Corporation
- American Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Kawasaki Motors Corp
- Harley-Davidson, Inc.
- Tao Group co.
How to prevent motorcycle theft
There are several measures you can take to reduce the chances of your motorcycle being stolen. The police advises that it’s a personal responsibility to protect and secure your motorcycles. Here are some of the things you can try to curb motorcycle theft.
- Install Motorcycle GPS from gpsleaders.com. This helps you detect when the motorcycle is tampered with and recover the motorbike after theft
- Install motorcycle alarm
- Park bikes together if you’re group riding
- Lock your motorcycle to an immovable stationary object
- Lock your Ignition
Benefits of using GPS tracking to protect your Motorcycle
Although there’s a lot you can do to protect your motorcycle from thieves, it’s a good idea to install Motorcycle Tracking devices from GPS Leaders. Here are some of the benefits of Motorcycle GPS tracking.
- Thwart thefts-Among the many benefits of GPS tracking, this is the top reason we invest in GPS tracking. Thieves are very unlikely to target a tracked Motorcycle.
- Real time tracking-It’s easy to see where the bike is in real time. In case of theft, the police can use these statistics to recover the bike.
- Motorcycle maintenance through maintenance alerts
- Lower Insurance rates-Insurance companies always give a discount when motorcycle owners have installed GPS tracking devices on their assets.
- Trip planning-What’s better that getting traffic updates minutes before you start your trips. This way, you can better plan your trip.
- Easy recovery-In case of theft, the authorities can better track the location of your bike and recover it before any damages are done on your assets.
GGPS tracking has countless benefits on your assets. Think of the peace of mind that you will ultimately get knowing that your vehicle is being tracked in real time. What about the peace-of-mind you would have knowing that your motorcycle can be recovered in real time?